Ron LeVine has been an important force in protecting the rights of Northern New Jersey consumers and small businesses throughout his professional career, extending back four decades. Starting with an education at Eastside High School in Paterson, he completed his studies with a B. Sc. from McGill University in Montreal and L.LB. from Osgoode Hall Law School of York University in Toronto. He practices in the New Jersey and Federal Courts.
Ron LeVine brings a wealth of professional and other experience to the law. He served in many professional capacities, as a Municipal Judge of the Midland Park Municipal Court for six years (1988 to 1994), as an elected municipal council member, as current chairperson of the NJ State Bar Association’s Special Committee on Consumer Law. He taught many educational seminars – training fellow lawyers in consumer and bankruptcy law, as a teaching master of the Bankruptcy Inn of Court, moderator and presenter at seminars given by the NJ State Bar Association, Bergen County Bar Association, and Institute for Continuing Legal Education. He was awarded membership in the Order of the Protectors of Consumer Debtors of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
In addition to Ron LeVine’s commitment as a lawyer serving his clients, he enjoys a broad reach of social and charitable interests. He sought to aid the cause of higher education by serving as president of McGill University Alumni Association of NY and a co-chairperson of the New York McGill International Alma Mater Fund, and endowed an fund to annually permit a university student to travel and research in underdeveloped countries. He enjoys a variety of athletic activities including biking, skating, skiing, and water sports and is a certified ski instructor for Nordic skiing as well as a trip leader for many foreign travel events. He volunteered his professional time as attorney for the NJ Ski and Snowboard Council for many years.
Professionally, Ron LeVine devoted his time to representing North Jersey consumers and small businesses, particularly on insolvency issues. His Firm sees approximately 500 persons annually. Increasingly, financial stresses weigh heavily on our local folks, and he uses his knowledge of the law to improve the client’s situation. His Firm has successfully defended and brought lawsuits against banks and other institutions to protect individual rights. He welcomes meeting with those reading this website to discuss their individual concerns. Ron LeVine can be reached at 201-489-7900 or by email.
Practicing Attorney in Hackensack, NJ 1972 to present. Former Judge, Midland Park Municipal Court, 1988 to 1994 (Part time position) Member, Bar of:
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the State of New Jersey
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- United States Supreme Court
Lead attorney of Firm of Ronald I. LeVine, Esq., a three-lawyer Hackensack, NJ law firm for over 25 years
- Graduated York University Law School, LLB 1972
- Graduated McGill University, Montreal, B.Sc. 1969
- Eastside High School, Paterson, NJ 1965
- Municipal Court Judge – Midland Park 1988-1994
- New Jersey Ski Council, Board Attorney, 1997 – date
- President, McGill University Alumni Association of New York 2008 – date
- Elected County Committeeman, Mahwah, 1982-1984
- Member, Zoning Board of Adjustment, Mahwah Township, 1983
- Municipal Public Defender, Mahwah Municipal Court 1984-1988
- Elected member of Borough Council, Midland Park, 1980-1981
- Elected County Committeeman, Midland Park, 1979,80,81
- Member, Board of Health, Midland Park, 1978-1980
- Chair, Special Committee on Consumer Protection of the NJ State Bar Association 2008-date
- Certified Nordic Ski Instructor, Level I, Amateur Ski Instructors Assoc.
- Bankruptcy Inn of Court, Teaching Master 1993-1997
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Bergen County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Debtor Creditor Section, NJSBA & BCBA
- Bergen County Municipal Judges Association 1988-1994
- Commercial Law League of America 1983-1997
Contact Ron LeVine!